So last Sunday, I joined Wellington’s Round the Bays event. I had hoped to finish the 6.5km fun run in less time than when I did it in 2014 but – sadly, I came in a little over 2 minutes over my best time. 😦 I’m slightly gutted but I can’t blame anyone but myself really – since:
- I stopped “training” in November (when the quake hit the Capital)
- I went overseas (with my partner) for 2 weeks (didn’t run there)
- When I came back I became busy with year-end and January work changes
- Of course there was this big event on January 29
- Followed immediately by a 2-week holiday in the South Island
- and then I got sick from Thursday (16th Feb) until 2 pm after the race finished.
I guess it’s not really bad ….
Anyway – went for a 30-minute afternoon run yesterday and man it was scorching hot! According to SHealth:
Running Time: 30 mins 38 seconds
Distance: 3.91 km
Average Speed: 07’48” / km
I try not to beat myself up too much considering I haven’t been running for 2 1/2 years. It’ll take time before I get the stamina and strength again.
Hmmm … according to SHealth (again), my average on Sunday was 08’17” / km … I was faster yesterday?!
Might do another 30 minutes tonight.